Fifth Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge

Forty-eight (and accidental 50 minutes) hour mark: Reached!
Hours read: 48 hours 20 minutes
Hours networking: 30 minutes
Pages read: 4258
Books read: 13
⇒Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken, 368 pages
⇒The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea M. Campbell, 352 pages
⇒Forget Her Nots by Amy Brecount White, 384 pages
⇒The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, 368 pages
⇒Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink (Audiobook)
⇒Enchanted Inc. by Shanna Swendson, 320 pages
⇒The Seven Rays by Jessica Bendinger, 336 pages
⇒The Mark by Jen Nadol, 240 pages
⇒Ash by Malinda Lo, 272 pages
⇒Perchance to Dream by Lisa Mantchev, 352 pages
⇒Terrier by Tamora Pierce, 608 pages
⇒The Demon’s Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan, 322 pages
⇒The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, 336 pages

Forty hour mark: Reached! (I can’t believe it either!)
Read:
⇒Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
⇒The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea M. Campbell
⇒Forget Her Nots by Amy Brecount White
⇒The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
⇒Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink (Audiobook)
⇒Enchanted Inc. by Shanna Swendson
⇒The Seven Rays by Jessica Bendinger
⇒The Mark by Jen Nadol

Now onto:
⇒Ash by Malinda Lo

Twenty four hour mark: Reached!
Read:
⇒Brightly Woven by Alexandra Brackeen
⇒The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea M. Campbell
⇒Forget Her Nots by Amy Brecount White
⇒The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
⇒Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink (Audiobook)
⇒Enchanted Inc. by Shanna Swendson
⇒The Seven Rays by Jessica Bendinger
⇒The Mark by Jen Nadol

Now onto:
⇒Ash by Malinda Lo

Six hour mark: Reached!
I’ve decided to donate the full amount no matter how long I last in this challenge. Mumsy’s keeping me company right now. She’s reading a Suzanne Enoch book. Reviews up soonish! The audiobook’s taking a break, so now onto Chelsea Campbell’s Rise of Renegade X, which is going to be absolutely amazing.

Last year my goal was to have at least 48 hours of reading time. This year, my goal is to make a sizeable dent in the TBR pile during the challenge, then churn out those unwritten reviews during the Bloggiesta next week. I love how these things go. *grin* A wee bit of housekeeping goes a long way!

12:34am: Oh god, I’m exhausted. This whole week has been nonstop exams and projects. While reading is relaxing, my brain needs a wee bit of rest. Nevertheless!

Two books done:
Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
Forget Her Nots by Amy Brecount White

It’s almost 7pm here on a lovely Friday night. I’ll be reading my way through the weekend as part of this wonderful challenge. It doesn’t just have great prizes*, it gives me an excuse to donate and fill my daily quota of ‘good’.

For every hour that I read, I’ll be donating $1 to a local literacy charity (incomeless student) and 10 clicks to The Animal Rescue Site and its other causes. Might I ask for your help in donating clicks there?

If you’re interested in donating any prizes, sponsoring or supporting, here are the details.

I’ll be cheering the other participants on during my breaks and checking out my competition. :P

Till Monday!

Aim
Time: 48 hours
Books: 10 + 1 Audiobook

Book 1:
Forget Her Nots by Amy Brecount White

* I should know. I was a lucky winner of a Catching Fire ARC last year.

21 comments for “Fifth Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge

1. Friday, 4 June 2010 at 7:40 PM

Wooohoo!!! Go, go, go!!
    I won’t be starting until 7pm my time (about 11.5 hours from now), but I’m sure to be checking in and being jealous of everyone all day at work. :)

Happy reading!

2. Friday, 4 June 2010 at 9:42 PM

Have a fantastic time, it;s going to be lots of fun I think!

3. Friday, 4 June 2010 at 11:21 PM

Have fun and good luck with your lofty goals!

4. Saturday, 5 June 2010 at 1:29 AM

I’ve donated a half a bowl of food, apparently, with my click through. Who knew? I’ll be back tomorrow so I can give some animal an entire bowl of kibble.

I know you are one extremely dedicated reader, but please don’t make yourself sick over this. If you need sleep, then sleep. There are always good prizes, but I can swear that there is no Catching Fire type ARC in this year’s batch of books.

(I mean, is there a ARC that is that in demand? Mockingjay wasn’t given as an ARC this year and I can’t think of anything else.)

5. Saturday, 5 June 2010 at 1:36 AM

Thanks guys!

MotherReader: I don’t think there’s such an ARC this period of time. Most of them are pretty easy to get, especially with BEA just over. While the prizes are a good incentive, I’m aiming to give my all to the donations. Sure, I could just donate without taking part in the readathon, but it’s actually more fun this way. *grin*

6. Saturday, 5 June 2010 at 3:53 AM

I did my click for dog food and will return tomorrow. I am a roving cheerleader this year as I have family obligations that preclude me participating in the Challenge; I sure enjoyed it last year! Do you not think the cover to Brightly Woven is one of the most beautiful covers ever?

Happy Reading!
    Rasco from RIF

7. Saturday, 5 June 2010 at 12:36 PM

Love the bloggiesta plug! Two books so far is great. Keep up the great work!

8. Saturday, 5 June 2010 at 9:38 PM

Wow, are you really going without sleep?
    You’re made of sterner stuff than I.
    I thought about pulling an all-nighter… for about two seconds, until I remembered how very, very cranky lack of sleep makes me.
    Good luck!

9. Saturday, 5 June 2010 at 11:27 PM

Wow.. that’s great!I probably pull an all nighter… but i probably be dozing off later lol

10. Saturday, 5 June 2010 at 11:39 PM

Honestly you are an inspiration to us all! I need sleep, thank goodness you don’t ;)

11. Sunday, 6 June 2010 at 9:30 AM

I still remember last year watching with awe as you stayed up all 48 hours…good luck this time around!

12. Sunday, 6 June 2010 at 9:43 AM

I can do a lot of things on little sleep, but reading isn’t one of them! My eyes don’t focus, and the letters stop making sense. You’re doing great so far, good luck on the second half.

13. Sunday, 6 June 2010 at 10:42 AM

Going great for you, I am so in awe! Love reading your list of books!

14. Sunday, 6 June 2010 at 12:55 PM

You are doing so awesome! Keep up the great work. I think that’s what I’ve come down to as well is just catching up on a lot of bulk reading instead of shooting for the full 48 hours. Excellent plan!

15. Sunday, 6 June 2010 at 2:24 PM

Wow. I’m a voracious reader, but I don’t know if I could do this. Good job, and great choices.

16. Monday, 7 June 2010 at 3:11 AM

holy cow you are amazing!!

GO YOU!!

this is incredible!!

17. Monday, 7 June 2010 at 3:46 AM

I’m speechless! Wow!

18. Monday, 7 June 2010 at 7:50 AM

WOW! All 48 hours….I tried, but it just wasn’t going to happen…kids, dogs and I’m rather fond of my daily shower..lol–needed it to help stay awake.
    Congrats on reading all 48 hours.

19. Monday, 7 June 2010 at 10:08 AM

Great job! Thanks for playing!

20. Monday, 7 June 2010 at 10:44 PM

Wow. That is amazing.

21. Wednesday, 9 June 2010 at 2:29 PM

Wow, you’re amazing! I don’t know how you survived through 48 hours, but what a feat! Congrats! :D